Or Try This..............
Sleep my baby, at my breast,
- 'Tis a mother’s arms round you.
Make yourself a snug, warm nest.
- Feel my love forever new.
Harm will not meet you in sleep,
- Hurt will always pass you by.
Child beloved, always you’ll keep,
- In sleep gentle, mother’s breast nigh.
Sleep in peace tonight, sleep,
- O sleep gently, what a sight.
A smile I see in slumber deep,
- What visions make your face bright?
Are the angels above smiling,
- At you in your peaceful rest?
Are you beaming back while in
- Peaceful slumber on mother’s breast?
Do not fear the sound, it’s a breeze
- Brushing leaves against the door.
Do not dread the murmurring seas,
- Lonely waves washing the shore.
Sleep child mine, there’s nothing here,
- While in slumber at my breast,
Angels smiling, have no fear,
- Holy angels guard your rest.