Cunningham Remains A Class Act
Rick Gwin, special agent in charge of the Defense Criminal Investigative Service's western regional office, said he is troubled by the lack of assistance, particularly in light of Cunningham's plea agreement that calls for him to tell all that he knows.
"In my opinion, he has not been cooperative and I have not gotten any information from him to further develop other targets," Gwin said in a telephone interview from his office in Mission Viejo. "I was hoping that from a jail cell, he might become more cooperative, but we just don't have the cooperation that I think we should have."
The NC Times does link the Cunningham investigation to the recently resigned Number 3 man at the CIA, Kyle "Dusty" Foggo and Cunningham co-conspirator #1, Brent Wilkes.
"This is much bigger and wider than just Randy 'Duke' Cunningham," he said. "All that has just not come out yet, but it won't be much longer and then you will know just how widespread this is."
The fallout from Cunningham's more than five years of taking bribes from defense contractors continues to reverberate from coast to coast.
In Washington on Monday, the No. 3 official at the CIA, Kyle "Dusty" Foggo, announced he is retiring in the wake of last week's resignation by Porter Goss as the spy agency's director.
Foggo's resignation may have more to do with his relationship to Cunningham and Poway defense contractor Brent Wilkes than with Goss' decision to step down.
After years of dishonoring his position and cheating on his constituents, why would anyone expect Cunningham to do any more than act like a petulant child now that he has been caught?